With halloween approaching I decided to get on with the rest of the little babies outfits. This meant cauldrons. We had some yoghurts that had the perfect shape pot so with a wash out they were ready to go.
I spray painted all four thinking they’d be fine. Never read the can or looked for tips I just bought and sprayed.
As I was attaching wire the paint flaked off! Except off the rim.
So I did two decoration cauldrons and added the wire by making a ring to fit up top and attached handle to that and two useable ones with paint taken off and stickers decorating them.
For the ‘unpainted’ ones I went for the distressed look I still wanted that black element but couldn’t have. I made a wand each by cutting down a kebab stick and putting 2 identical foam shapes on top.
The heart one I put double sided tape on the stick and tightly wound thread on. Make sure to catch the bottom end under the winding so you’ve no messy bits.
For Dolly’s cauldron I made a felt spell book, popped in a button that I thought resembled a tooth, round flat gem and a small potion jar filled with a toxic spell.
For Maisie’s she got a rose ring, pink sparkly pom pom to represent a pretty bubble and a pink filled potion jar with a dreamy spell inside.
These were really fun to make I just wish I got the painting right. Next time maybe.